ISO stands for International Standards Organisation. The ISO is an international body that provides standard guidelines for companies in terms of product quality, performance and health conditions. Having an ISO certification sends out the message that your goods or services are high quality and the certification requires you to be highly efficient. The reputation of your products or goods are also enhanced a great deal with an ISO registration. There are a bunch of different types of ISO Certifications that one can get, such as ISO 19001, ISO 14002, ISO 5001, and a few others.
ISO 9000 is concerned with terms of quality and prestige. To meet the regulatory requirement for the certification, the companies opt for ISO 9001:2015, ISO 19011:2018 and ISO 9000:2015.
At this point, you should also know about QMS. QMS is the framework of policies, procedures and processes of planning and execution in the core business area of an organisation. Please note that ISO 9001: 2015 is the international standard for QMS. ISO 9001 : 2015 is globally recognised as a standard. The best part is that it can be implemented by any small, medium or large organisation in order to enhance their efficiency, quality, profits all while reducing costs and waste as well.
Here is a list of the ISO Certifications we can help you get:
- ISO 45001 : 2018
- IATF 16949 : 2016
- ISO 14001 : 2015
- ISO 9001 : 2015
- ISO 50001 : 2011
- ISO 28000 : 2007
- ISO 22000 : 2005
Advantages of ISO Certification for a Company:
ISO Certification for a company is mandated by law or contract. But there are also quite a few benefits of being ISO certified as well.
- Your organization gets a platform which is recognised by the top decision makers who call the shots.
- Day to day procedures are improved with more efficiency which improves the system.
- Steadfast identification of the recurrent issues and solving them which saves time and finances as well.
- Your company will get an edge over your competitors which will help during contract tenders.
- The brand awareness increases and in turn increases the customer satisfaction rates as well.
- You don’t have to invest more, the same resources will lead to more value and worth.
These days, an increasing number of organizations are seen going for the ISO 9001 Certification as the standard regulations benefit their organisations by keeping the processes in order which improves the outcomes. ISO Certification is an essential prerequisite for customer acquisition and if implemented under the right legal guidance, ISO 9001 is bound to benefit the organizations.
The benefits of having an ISO Certified company is not limited to the above mentioned points only. A few more benefits are :
- Government proposals accept tenders only from ISO Certified companies.
- Businesses have the opportunity to reach global customers, because ISO standards are internationally accepted.
- Flawed products are rejected, but when the standards are set at an international level and constantly reached, the rate of rejections also diminish.
- The SOPs of ISO are very demanding but it ensures smooth operations, thus increasing efficiency of everyone involved. This also increases the operations all the while avoiding confusion.
- The mark of Certification of ISO 9001 is branding in itself as it makes your business look credible and makes marketing easier.
- When the business functions better and produces better, it will get translated into increased sales. And the brand value will boost the organisational morale as your workers will also pride themselves in their efficacy.
Things to remember before getting ISO Registration
There are a few prerequisites that have to be met for getting an ISO Certificate.
- The first step is to identify and get the right ISO 9002 Certificate which will benefit your business.
- The best ISO registrar for your organization has to be found, one who is certified by ISO and follows all the CASCO standards to the T. A registrar certified by International Accreditation Forum (IAF) is more credible, but the absence of the certification will not affect the legality of your ISO registration. This holds a lot of importance as it is these third party agencies that will evaluate your organisation on behalf of the ISO.
We can help you find the right registrar for you.
Process of ISO Certification and Registration in India
- Fill the ISO Form – The first step is to fill out an online ISO application form along with all the required documents. This form will include details like the nature and other details of the business or service you want to register under ISO.
- Consultation session – The next step is deciding on the best type of ISO certification suitable for your organisation. Our team of experts will provide you free consultation for this.
- Submission of Documents – Our team double checks and verifies all the documents submitted by you, and then files them on your behalf to the ISO registrar. After the confirmation of the submission is received, an online payment for the registration has to be made.
- ISO Audit – ISO audit is the verification or evaluation done for checking the level of genuinity of the process records of your business. There are three main types of audits are internal audit, supplier audit and certification audit. The first two can be done by internal bodies but the third one can be done only by the auditors of certification bodies.
- ISO Certification – Once the audit is conducted successfully, the ISO certificate is issued in the name of your company and mailed to your place of business/office space.
Please note that ISO Certification has to be renewed every year, during which a surveillance audit is also conducted to check the maintenance of the standards.
Documents required for ISO Registration
- Company profile
- Company letterhead
- Address proof of the company
- Visiting card of the company
- PAN Card of the company
- Copy of sales and purchases bill
ISO Standard Categories
ISO Standard Categories you need to know about:
There are more than 22,000 standards under the ISO Certification that come under the heads of Processes, Goods and Services.
ISO 9001: 2015, the latest version of the ISO deals with 8 primary elements of business:
- Customer Focus
- Involvement of People
- Process Approach
- System Approach to Management
- Mutually Beneficial Supplier Relationships
- Continual Improvement
- Factual Approach to Decision Making
The ISO 14000 Certifications deal with issues related to the environment such as one used by the waste management firms. Here is a list of some other ISO Certifications as follows:
- ISO 13485 for medical devices
- ISO 18091 for local government
- ISO 17582 for government electoral organizations
- ISO/IEC 90003 for software engineering
- ISO/TS 29001 for Oil and Gas industry
- ISO 20000 that proves best practice in IT and improvement in delivery of IT Services.
- ISO 50001 describes best energy management practices which saves energy, conserves resources and fights climate change.
- OHSAS 18001 ensures customers that the organisation has an effective health and safety management system.
- CE Marking on any product ensures that it complies with all the requirements of the applicable European health, safety and environment protection benchmark.
- ISO 27001 describes the best practice of companies that are involved in the Information Security Management System (ISMS)
Selecting the right certification can be daunting, but we are here to help. All you have to do is sign up.