A One Person Company (OPC) registration in Delhi NCR is the latest form of business structure in India which was introduced by the Companies Act, 2013 and abbreviation OPC stands for a One Person Company. This business structure was launched to give a boost to entrepreneurial ideas of the people who have a higher potential to begin their business venture as a one member army. These businesses are usually micro- businesses where the turnover is not likely to surpass Rs. 2 crores even in the best case scenarios.
The registration of One Person Company OPC in Delhi NCR may be initiated in accordance with the guidelines of the Companies Act, 2013. Anyone can start a company all by oneself without the complex procedures of having any partner(s). This Act has made commencing a business easier and more encouraging. The One Person Companies are an important factor in developing the overall economy of the country, because OPC gives a single person running a business eligibility for bank loans and credit points, etc.
While registering for a One Person Company OPC in Delhi NCR, you should ensure that the director or the nominee is a Resident of India. You can incorporate One Person Company OPC in Delhi NCR by registering with Seedup.in
Important Points to note for Registration of One Person Company (OPC) in Delhi NCR
· An One Person Company OPC in Delhi NCR can have more than 1 director, but should have only 1 shareholder.
- OPCs remain unaffected by the death of a member or a shift / change in ownership.
- It does not take a lot of effort to set up and maintain One Person Company OPC in Delhi NCR.
- The paperwork and annual compliances required is limited in case of One Person Company OPC.
- An OPC can work as a stockbroker or sub-broker.
- In the case of OPC, there isn’t any long list of compliances to be followed.
- 1 individual is allowed to incorporate only 1 OPC, as per the government guidelines.
Advantages of registration of One Person Company (OPC) in Delhi NCR
If you are planning to start a business or startup by incorporation or registration of a One Person Company (OPC) in Delhi or Haryana, the registration of such One Person Company (OPC) will be with Registrar of Companies, Delhi office i.e. RoC – Delhi. All One Person Company (OPC) within the state of Delhi or State of Haryana is required to be registered with RoC Delhi.
Delhi is the capital of India and Haryana is the adjoining state. The key industries in Delhi includes IT (Information Technology), ITeS (IT enabled Services), Telecommunications, Travel & Tourism, Hotels, Banking, Media, etc. The major manufacturing industries of Delhi hosts sectors like consumer goods industries with head office and manufacturing offices in and around Delhi. Delhi NCR comprises of towns like Gurgaon, Noida, Faridabad and Ghaziabad. Out of this Gurgaon and Faridabad are in the state of Haryana and Noida and Ghaziabad are in the state of Uttar pradesh (UP). Many Private Limited companies with their registered or corporate offices in Delhi has established their manufacturing or operational units in NCR towns or other surrounding places in state of Haryana.
Delhi is among the fastest economically growing regions in India with a consistent growth rate of 12.82% in last FY. The capital city of Delhi is a famous destination for tourists, with rich cultural heritage, historic monuments and variety foods. Form years, Delhi has been organizing trade fairs and conventions for promotion of trade and business. With attractive real estate market, it house various head quarters of large companies and thus offering immense business potential.
Delhi has Central Government offices, Ministry offices, headquarters of several PSU and Departments that any new business may require. Delhi is well connected through Road, Rail and Air network from all important domestic and international destinations. Delhi Metro with 285 stations linking Delhi with other neighbouring National Capital Region (NCR), is constantly and rapidly expanding its footprints.
Not only this, as per the latest report by World Bank, Delhi ranked at 12th out of 36 states in terms of ease of doing business while Haryana ranked as 6th in ease of doing business ranking. Delhi ranks as first in India for subcategories like “starting a business” in the rankings of “Ease of Doing Business”.
Although, the entire process of registration of One Person Company (OPC) in Delhi is online however for any queries or clarification, one can visit RoC regional office with address given below
Registrar Of Companies (ROC Delhi)
Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA)
Address : 4th Floor, IFCI Tower, 61, Nehru Place, New Delhi – 110019
Phone: 011-26235703, 26235708 Fax: 011-26235702
Email : email@example.com
Procedure for the Registration of One Person Company OPC in Delhi NCR
- Fill the form – The first step for you, is to fill out the simple form and answer the required questions carefully.
- Apply for DSC – The second step is to obtain the DSC for the Director in order to apply for the Name Approval procedure.
- Verification and Name Approval – The details provided by you will be verified by our experts and we will use them to get your OPC’s name approved.
- Filling and Filing of Spice Form(s) for registration of the One Person Company OPC in Delhi NCR
- Obtain COI of OPC – The last step will be to receive the Certificate of Incorporation of the One Person Company OPC in Delhi NCR.
Eligibility Criteria for Registration of One Person Company OPC in Delhi NCR
The following points are the government mandated eligibility criteria for registering your venture as an OPC:
1. Only a person who is a citizen of India and resident of India can be the sole shareholder of OPC. Resident in India refers to a person who had lived in India for a time not less than 182 days in the preceding one year
2. Legal entities like private/ public limited companies or LLP are not allowed to join an OPC as a shareholder.
3. The promoter must nominate a nominee during the incorporation of the OPC.
4. The Nominee can be a ‘Nominee’ in only one OPC.
5. The maximum Paid Up capital of an OPC is Rupess Fifty lakhs. An OPC is not allowed to have a minor as its member.
6. In case an OPC has achieved a turnover of over Rs 2 crores or has a paid-up capital more than Rs 50 lakhs, it has to be converted into a private or public Company within 6 months.
7. The OPC can have one shareholder and one Nominee
8. The OPC can have more than one Director.
Why OPC Registration in Delhi NCR will be beneficial for you?
- The legal liabilities are minimised.
- The OPC is a separate legal entitty.
- Registering as an OPC ensures increased browwing capacity.
- It also gives uninterrupted functioning of the company.
Advantages of registration of One Person Company OPC in Delhi NCR
This means that the personal property of the Shareholder will always remain safe and untouched even if the OPC suffers losses and is in debts.
An OPC being a separate legal identity, gets passed on to the nominee shareholder if the present shareholder goes out of the picture. The OPC continues to be functional.
The books of an OPC are supposed to be audited on an annual basis, which ensures it has the image of higher credibility between vendors and lending institutions.
Easy to Sell OPC
The documentation procedures in case of OPCs are quite simple in nature, which makes it easier to be bought and sold.
Full Control laying in the hands of a Single Owner
An OPC can have as many as 15 directors for official maintenance without them holding any shares of the OPC; The single ownership helps in faster decision making process and quicker execution.
Documents required for One Person Company OPC Registration in Delhi NCR
- Copy of PAN Card of the owner/director
- Passport sized photos of the owner/director
- Copy of Voter identity card or Aadhar card
- Copy of the rent agreement in case of rented business place
- Electricity/ Water bill of office space
- Copy of Property papers in case of own property
- NOC from the landlord, the format for which we will provide
Important Forms for One Person Company OPC Registration in Delhi NCR
Name reservation: RUN service shall be used for name availability.
Incorporation of OPC: After name approval, form SPICe shall be filed for incorporation of the OPC within 20 days from the data of approval of RUN.
The company shall file form INC-22 within 30 days once form SPICe is registered in case the address of correspondence and registered office address are not same.
Name Reservation, Allotment of Director Identification number (DIN), Incorporation of New Company, Allotment of PAN and Allotment of TAN) in one form by applying for Incorporation of a new company through SPICe form (INC-32) – Simplified Proforma for Incorporating Company electronically (SPICe)
with eMoA (INC-33),
In case eMoA, eAoA are not applicable, users are required to attach the pdf attachments of MoA and AoA. There is no need for reserving a name separately before filing SPICe. One name for the proposed company can be applied through SPICe (INC-32).
Procedure for Incorporation or registration of One Person Company (OPC) in Delhi NCR
Apply and Receive DSC :
The respective director/directors must apply for and obtain a Digital Signature Certificate(DSC).
Search and Reservation of a Name for the OPC:
The next step involves applying for the reservation of a suitable name for the OPC must be made in the web based form RUN.
Articles of Association:
Model articles of association are provided in Tables F, G, H, I and J of Schedule I, as are applicable, and can be adopted by a company either in totality or otherwise.
Provisions for Entrenchment:
If the articles of association contain any provisions for entrenchment, the company must inform in the eAOA Form INC 34
The signing of Memorandum and Articles of Association :
The AOA and MOA of the company must be signed by the sole owner who is also the subscriber to the memorandum. The individual must enter details regarding his name, address, description, and occupation, if any, in the presence of at least one witness, who is also required to attest the signature as well as sign and give his details.
Particulars of Subscriber :
The sole member/owner is required to file the particulars of subscription with the Registrar at the time of incorporation.
Nomination by the sole owner
- The subscriber to the memorandum of an OPC should mandatorily nominate a person, once the prior written consent of such person is received, who shall, in the event of the subscriber’s death or his incapacity to contract, become the successive owner of that OPC.
- The name of the person nominated has to be mentioned in the memorandum of the OPC and such nomination in Form No INC-2 along with the consent of such nominee obtained in Form No INC-3.
The procedure for online filing is stated below.
Filing of OPC Online:
An integrated incorporation Form INC-32 has been issued bu the MCA. This allows an OPC to be incorporated online by filling the Simplified Proforma for Incorporating Company Electronically (SPICe) form in Form INC-32 (using Digital Signature Certificate of the Director) along with (eMOA) in Form INC-33 and (eAOA) in Form INC-34.
All about the Taxes of One Person Company OPC in Delhi NCR
- The OPC has to file for Income Tax Returns.
- The OPC’s TDS has to be filed for all quarters stating the TAN. The deduction of tax at the source is obligatory if the company has employed people.
- The OPC has to get an ESIC registration if it employs more than 10 people as mandated by the law.
- The OPC has to enroll for GST as well as file the returns as required.
In accordance with the tax slab rate an OPC’s income is taxed at 30% of its entire income in a fiscal year. This is comparatively higher than the tax slab rate for individual which ranges from 10% to 30% of the income depending on the income of the individual.
Exemptions allowed for One Person Company OPC in Delhi NCR
- Sign on annual returns.
- Hold Annual General Meetings and Board Meetings.
- Signing on Financial Statements.
- Option to dispense with the requirement of holding an AGM.
- Power of Tribunal to call meetings of members.
- Calling an extraordinary General meeting.
- Notice of meeting.
- Statement to be annexed to notice.
- Quorum for meetings.
- Chairman of meetings.
- Restriction on voting rights.
- Voting by show of hands.
- Voting electronic means.
- Demand for the polls.
- Postal ballot.
- Circulation of the members’ resolution.
- Section 96. Option to dispense with the requirement of holding an AGM.
- Section 98. Power of Tribunal to call meetings of members.
- Section 100. Calling of extraordinary general meeting.
- Section 101. Notice of meeting.
- Section 102. Statement to be annexed to notice.
- Section 103. Quorum for meetings.
- Section 104. Chairman of meetings.
- Section 105. Proxies.
- Section 106. Restriction on voting rights.
- Section 107. Voting by show of hands.
- Section 108. Voting through electronic means.
- Section 109. Demand for poll.
- Section 110. Postal ballot.
- Section 111. Circulation of members’ resolution.
Statutory Annual Compliances to be followed by an One Person Company OPC in Delhi NCR
- The OPC has to hold at least two board meetings as prescribed by the government.
- Statutory audit by a chartered accountant has to be conducted every year.
- Appointment of an Auditor as mandated by the government.
- The OPC has to ensure the annual filing of ITR.
- The OPC has to maintain minutes and statutory registers.
- Form AOC-4 for financial statement has to be filed by the OPC.
- MGT-7 for an annual return has to be filed by the OPC.
A One Person Company takes at least 10-15 days for the Incorporation. So register yourself at www.seedup.in now!
What all you will get under Seedup.in’s OPC Registration Package:
You will obtain a DIN for 1 Director
DSC for 1 Director is also included
Assistance with name search and approval
You will get the MOA/AOA
The ROC registration fee is included
You will also receive a Company PAN /TAN Card