A trademark registration in India is valid for a period of 10 years, after which it expires. However, every 10 years, the trademark registration can be renewed and the permanency of the trademark can be maintained. For this, you have to file a Trademark Renewal Application in India either online or offline and pay the required renewal fees along with it. It is important to remember that the application has to be filed on or before 6 months from the date of expiration of the registration.
Trademark Renewal in India can help you keep your trademark perpetual and permanent as there are no maximum limit on the number of times and the number of years you wish to keep your trademark active.
You can get your trademark renewal application in India filed with Seedup.in in a hassle free manner.
Advantages of Trademark Renewal in India
- No need for ligitation – The renewal of trademark in time ensures your trademark is protected without going through a gruesome process of litigation. It makes sures your rights are with you and no one else can set claims on your trademark.
- Extension of the Ownership rights – Protection from infringement of rights over the trademark can be availed. As the exclusive rights over the trademark is extended for ten years after each renewal, it gets permanent protection of the goodwill created by the respective brand.
- Profits – By licensing or assigning the exclusive rights of the trademark to another party , you can get monetary profits with your trademark. Thus, renewal means you will continue to get those returns.
- Upholding the Brand name – Getting the trademark of an established brand renewed on time ensures that the brand’s name and reputation is upheld. Whereas a failure to get the renewal done might lead to a lapse in the legal protection of your brand/trademark.
Documents required for application of Trademark Renewal in India
- PAN Card of the applicant.
- Address Proof of the applicant.
- Certificate of Registration (unless it is an individual application).
- Trademark Registration Certificate issued by the Registry.
- Power of Attorney (to file the application on your behalf).
- Copy of application filed with the Trademark Registry
Procedure for online application of Trademark Renewal in India with Seedup.in
- Form fillup and document submission – Fill out the questionnaire to provide basic information and submit the required documents.
- Drafting of application – The next step is drafting of the Trademark Renewal Application which is done by the experts at Seedup.in
- Submission – The last step is filing of the application on your behalf and sharing the acknowledgement.
This entire process takes not more than 4 working days with Seedup.in